Happy L.I.F.E Habit #1
“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature”
– Steve Maraboli
Life, the Truth and Being Free
The first activity that we invite you to do along with us, with the goal of making it a daily habit, is to send an email or note to to someone in your support system or network. It can be anyone – and you can thank them for anything you’d like as long as you feel like it’s a benefit to your life.
You might get stuck some days – they don’t call it “writers block” for nothing! If you do, go to http://happy.LIFE.edu and find out how others are doing in the LIFE community and beyond. We’ll be sharing our stories, our successes and even our struggles. Also, you’ll find helpful resources there including a list of “100 things to thank people for” that might help you get unstuck.
What to do…
Write a thank you email and it does not need to be elaborate but it is most effective when it:
- Specifically describes the behavior you’d like to recognize
- Says thank you and that the person’s contribution is appreciated.
- is written and given close in timing to the event you are praising
- is customized and avoids sounding like a form letter
Don’t ever underestimate the joy people experience when they recieve a thank you or recognition message from someone who is important to them. Might that important someone be you?
Days 1-21 – Write a thank you to someone in your support structure
Reflections on habit #1
After the 21 days, take a moment to reflect on the following questions.
- What differences did i notice in myself and how I feel or view the world as a result of my activity
- What differences did I notice in the way I relate to other people (or vice versa)?
- What will help me carry on with this activity?
- What might prevent me from carrying out this activity?
We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments and thank you for sharing!
Happy L.I.F.E. is a working initiative from Life University in Marietta, GA